Hinicio is looking for a Consultant to support the Washington D.C. Office in the acquisition and execution of consulting assignments in the field of hydrogen and its derivatives:
Client project delivery:
- Quantitative and qualitative research.
- Business case assessments and techno-economic modeling, and pre-feasibility studies.
- Analysis of complex energy systems.
- Market research.
- Policy and regulatory analysis.
- Preparation of client meetings, reporting, and delivering presentations.
- Support coaching junior staff.
Support to project management:
- Support the management of projects ensuring they are delivered on time, in scope, and within budget, generating the expected impact with the client. Consultants are expected to manage small workstreams within larger projects.
- Contribute to the development and sharing of your team’s expertise and know-how about US power, oil and gas, and sustainable fuels markets, economics, technologies, and policies.
- Contributing to the development of new business through direct cooperation with other staff and strategic partners.
What we offer
- An attractive role in a highly motivating sector and growing start-up environment.
- A role in a small team allowing for: exposure to a variety of assignments and tasks, the opportunity to have a direct impact on our clients and coaching directly from the head of the business unit.
- A flexible, remote workplace that allows you to balance the demands of your personal and professional life. Hinicio strives to have fun while working hard and understands life extends far beyond the office. We support and build healthy working conditions based on gender awareness, social inclusion, cultural diversity, and a collaborative team spirit.
- An excellent chance for personal career development, including team leadership opportunities for a high-potential candidate in the short to mid-term.
- An exciting and supportive working environment, where “intrapreneurship” opens doors to opportunities.
- A remuneration package in line with the candidate’s experience and potential.
Desired skills & expertise
- Proven experience (1-3 years) in consultancy in the energy sector. For example, with a top consulting firm, energy company, or innovative start-up.
- A wish to contribute to the transformation of the energy system and our clients’ efforts to achieve global climate objectives.
- A team player with strong motivation to collaborate and build our practice.
- A track record of successfully delivering complex projects under strict quality standards and deadlines.
- Business acumen and interest to generate new projects and business opportunities in liaison with other staff.
- A creative, self-aware, and solutions-oriented person with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Multitasker able to manage multiple assignments in parallel under time pressure, in an organized manner.
- Bright analytical skills combined with a hands-on approach to responding to clients in designing impactful and sustainable solutions.
- A collaborative spirit motivated to learn, and a positive and entrepreneurial attitude to connect with colleagues and clients.
- A perfect command of English, meaning solid writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into actionable recommendations.
- A master’s degree in engineering, Physics, Innovation Science, Economics, Business, or other energy-related disciplines.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business, or Economics.
Nice to have
- Previous experience with hydrogen and/or its derivatives is a plus.
- Experience with managing project teams, the execution of market studies, developing business cases, and strategic consultancy assignments.
- Ideal candidates are interdisciplinary combining experience from engineering, economics, and policy-related aspects, either by academic background or experience.
- Other languages (e.g., Spanish, French, German) are a plus but not required.